Ugandan striker Dan Sserunkuma, formerly at Gor Mahia, has threatened to report the club to FIFA over unpaid dues for four months in 2015, amounting to US$20,000.
The striker joined the team in July 2015 but the club started experiencing financial difficulties that saw Sserunkuma go four months without pay and in a letter to the club, dated January 28, he has handed them a seven – day notice to pay up.
The striker, who featured for Gor Mahia for two and a half years up to the end of 2014 has also featured for Tanzanian giants Simba SC where he had a hard time before leaving for Ullises.
Here’s the letter to the club:
To whom it may concern
I Dan Muzeyi Sserunkuma, born on the 14th of December 1993, would like to state the following;
- That on the 27th of July 2015, I signed a 6 months contractual agreement with Ulysses FC Yerevan
- That my agreed monthly salary with Ulysses FC was five thousand dollars ($5000)
- That from July 2015 – November 2015, Ulysses FC failed to maintain my monthly salary agreement for a total of four months.
- That at the end of my contract in 2015, Ulysses FC still failed to provide me with the outstanding salary of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000)
- That at the end of my contract, Ulysses FC failed to provide me with financial support or any sort of travelling allowance during my trip back to Nairobi.
- That I reminded Ulysses FC that they still owed me an outstanding salary for four months and informed them that the non payment of my salary contravened FIFA rules.
- That on the 4th of December 2015, Ulysses FC provided me with an official letter stating that they guaranteed receipt of my outstanding salary by the 1st of January 2016.
- That on the 1st of January 2016, Ulysses FC failed to honour such an agreement.
- That Ulysses FC have put myself and my family through financial and emotional distress
- That I hereby demand full payment of my outstanding salary in full within the next 7 days.
- That I must warn Ulysses that failure to pay my outstanding salary in full within the next 7 days, I shall refer this case to the football governing body FIFA