Ronald Koeman has shut down rumours of Everton making a play for out-of-favour Manchester City goalkeeper, Joe Hart.
The England shot-stopper is almost out the door at the Etihad, and there had been persistent reports linking him with a move to Merseyside to join Koeman at Everton, but the Tofees boss has stated in no unclear terms that they are not looking at the 29-year old.
“No, there is no interest in Joe Hart,” Koeman said.
The Dutchman was then asked if he was looking at strengthening his goalkeeping department, and he said: “I don’t talk about which positions, which players.
“We play Stoke at home this Saturday and we spend all the time talking about rumours instead of the most important thing, which is that game.”
When asked again if they will make a bid for Hart, Koeman was categorical as he said: “No. No.”
He however hasn’t ruled out signings before the transfer window closes, but he admitted it is a tough market to operate in.
“Everybody is trying to improve and make the squad stronger than they have at the moment. I’m not a manager who speaks about players and possibilities, but everyone is trying.”