Suspended Fifa vice-president Michel Platini will reportedly boycott an ethics committee hearing into allegations of corruption leveled against him on Friday.
Platini is accused of receiving a £1.35m “disloyal payment” from Fifa president Sepp Blatter – who is also banned and facing ethics charges over the claim and Lawyers for the Uefa President believe the “verdict is already announced”.
Both men have denied any wrongdoing and were due to have personal hearings on Friday.
Platini’s attempt to lift his 90-day provisional ban from football denied by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on 11 December and it is believed a verdict could come as early as 21 December, although both men could then submit further appeals.
The Frenchman still hopes to be a candidate to replace the outgoing Blatter in the world football governing body’s presidential election on 26 February – but can only stand if he is cleared. However, he has expressed his “deepest outrage” at what he considers an attempt to prevent his candidacy.
In a statement issued on behalf of Fifa’s ethics judges on Wednesday, Platini was told his case will be dealt with “independently and in an unbiased manner”.
Platini’s lawyer Thibaud d’Ales has previously said he believes Fifa’s ethics investigators have recommended an “excessive” lifetime ban.