Chelsea have completed the signing of Michy Batshuayi, making him their first signing of the Antonio Conte era with the striker arriving for £33million from Marseille on a five-year contract.
The Belgium striker was at their Cobham training ground on Sunday to put pen to paper after the two clubs agreed on the fee earlier in the week while Batshuayi was at the European Championship.
Crystal Palace and West Ham were also keen to snap up the 22-year-old but Chelsea beat their London rivals to the signing.
Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Batshuayi said: “I am delighted to sign for one of the biggest clubs in Europe and embark on the next chapter in my career.
“I hope I can help Chelsea win many trophies during my time at Stamford Bridge.
“Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois have told me many good things about the club, and with Antonio Conte coming in it’s an exciting time to become a Chelsea player.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for myself and my family, I am looking forward to playing in the Premier League next season.’
On Saturday, Batshuayi took to Twitter to confirm that he would be leaving Marseille and that his next destination would be announced in the following 24 hours.
He wrote in the open letter: “It will be made official tomorrow, I will be leaving Olympique Marseille this summer.”
Batshuayi began his career at Standard Liege and joined Marseille in the summer of 2014, scoring 15 goals in his first season with the club.
Last season he scored 26 goals, including 17 in Ligue 1, despite Marseille struggling and finishing 13th ‒ just nine points clear of the relegation zone.
His performances earned him a place in Belgium’s Euro 2016 squad and he scored within two minutes of his introduction as a substitute against Hungary in the last 16.