The Amaju Pinnick-led NFF congress held an extra-ordinary General Assembly in Abuja on Wednesday, and several decisions were reached. Fcnaija brings you the full text of the communiqué as issued by Ademola Olajire, the Pinnick-led NFF Assistant Director of Communications.
COMMUNIQUE OF THE EXTRA-ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION HELD AT CHIDA INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, ABUJA ON WEDNESDAY, 13TH APRIL, 2016
- The General Assembly comprising all the 44 members firmly affirmed that the Nigeria Football Federation is one indivisible and unified body governed by the NFF statutes (2010 edition).
- The General Assembly expressed explicit confidence in the Executive Committee of NigeriaFootball Federation under the leadership of Amaju Melvin Piinnick and unanimously re-affirmed the election of the following persons as was done at NFF Elective Congress in Warri, Delta State on 30th September 2014: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President): Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Chairman of Chairmen); Christopher Green (Member); Sunday Dele-Ajayi (Member); Felix AnyansiAgwu (Member); Sharif RabiuInuwa (Member); Yusuf Ahmmed Fresh (Member); Suleiman YahayaKwande (Member); BabaganaKalli (Member); HussainiModibbo (Member, of blessed memory). General Assembly observed a one – minute silence for AlhajiHussainiModibbo, who passed on in March, 2016.
- For its credible efforts and innovations at making the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) much better, commercially viable and spectator –friendly with particular mention of the return of Elite Professional Football to Maiduguri, Borno State,the General Assembly solidly commended the League Management Company under the leadership of the NFF 2nd Vice President, Mr. ShehuDikko.
- Following a passionate appeal by the Executive Committee, the clause adopted at the 71st NFF General Assembly held in Abuja on 16th December 2015, aimed at ensuring and guaranteeing professionalism in the administration of football but misinterpreted as barring non-members of the Congress from contesting for positions on the NFF Executive Committee was suspended pending ratificaton at the next NFF General Assembly. For the avoidance of doubt the congress further affirmed that all eligible and qualified persons under the NFF statutes are eligible to contest elections.
- For bringing Nigeria football and Nigeria to ridicule,opprobrium and disrepute, andin clear contravention of the NFF statutes and other extant football laws by;
- committing infractions such as illegally contracting a law firm in South Africa in the name ofthe NFF and refusing to pay for the services upto a point where judgment was given against the NFF by the South AfricaCourt.
- Seriously violating the Statutes, regulations, directives and decisions of FIFA, CAF, WAFU, and NFF.
The General Assemblynoted the motion for suspension pursuant to Article 37 (1) but in the spirit of Article 37(3) of the NFF Statutes andin the interest of fair hearing the following persons were referred to the NFF Disciplinary Board: Chris Giwa, YahayaAdama, MuazuSuleyman, SaniFema and Effiong Johnson to appear and defend themselves.
- For aiding and abetting the above gross misconduct, thus collectively contravening provisions of NFF, WAFU, CAF and FIFA Statutes, the General Assembly referred the following persons to the NFF Committee on Ethics and Fairplay: Rumson Baribote, ShehuAdamu, Ben Agary andJideFashikun to appear and defend themselves.
- General Assembly applauded the NFF/Zenith U-13 and U-15 Youth Program, and charged the different Zones to conclude their zonal competitions ahead of the National Finals holding in Lagos in May, 2016.
- General Assembly thanked the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports, Barr. Solomon Dalung, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Sports, Senator ObinnaOgba, Senator Samuel Anyawu, Senator OvieOmo-Agege and representatives of the Inspector General of Police, Director General State Security Services and the Chairman, House Committee on Sports for attending the Extra Ordinary Congress.
SIR E.C. CHUKWUEMEKA
Chairman, Communiqué Drafting Committee