Sports minister Solomon Dalung has berated Chris Giwa for moving swiftly to make changes to the administrative staff of the Nigeria Football Federation, following the Jos High Court ruling which nullified Amaju Pinnick’s election as the NFF president.
Giwa and his board, whom the court judgment supposedly favoured, rose from their board meeting on Saturday to make sweeping changes to the administrative staff of the NFF, as well as dissolving its standing committees and announcing new ones, including replacing the General Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi.
Reacting to the development in a series of tweets, Dalung, a lawyer, says Giwa has no right to dissolve or appoint new committees and must wait for the verdict on the appeal filed by the Pinnick group.
“If football matters had been taken to court by Giwa then he must allow it to run full course he has no right to dissolve or appoint now,” Dalung said in one of the tweets.
The sports minister also went ahead to accuse world football governing body, FIFA, of hypocrisy, if they choose to ban Nigeria from international football over the recent developments.
“All happening today in NFF is the hypocrisy of FIFA statutes that encouraged indiscipline amongst its members while using ban monster nation.”
Meanwhile, the NFF secretariat has been cordoned off since Saturday by armed policemen, and it remains unclear on whose order they are stationed at the premises.